Friday, September 30, 2005

Modernity Flavours


This one's for Jed
Originally uploaded by Dolores Luxedo.
They left the house this afternoon clutching a sealey-bag full of milk. So many stories to tell. It's been a funny week or so. Blindy still hasn't gone to any festivals. Bankruptcy is threatening. Turmoil is raging. Coincidences burst open like crop circles. Coffee boils in a silver tall pot. Blood is mopped up. We are given the illusion that the world is small. Part of the ceiling falls in. Drinking Hommelbier in bed like parents without a Teasmaid. Dreams of a lustful rat.

Hey Tom, do you fancy forming a faux Tweemo band? I play a mean recorder.

So I suddenly thought; "Goodness me. What a lot of students there are about these days." And then I realised that term might have started. It has. I missed the 'Free Wine for Postgraduates' event. Savage. But then on the other hand, I'm beginning to wonder; to what extent am I actually a student? I'm (hopefully) doing at least one course this term, but it's a History Theory course, and it's not assessed or part of my course. And then there's 'Creative Writing Workshop'. Fun, but not really much help with doing an MA. And that's it. Oh well. At least I can start sewing leather patches onto my jacket now. I think I'm going to go for the elbows, despite a distinct sensation that it's 'been done'.

We totally failed to go to the fair. Fortunately there's much more to an evening than candyfloss and clear mints.

Maya has returned. Lisa has returned. To the George each time for these returns. Two more girls! Dashing Rosie's plans to only associate with boys (ideally in hot-tubs). Somehow about 50% of the girls we are friends with down here in B&H decided to travel the world this summer, but now as it becomes cold and autumny back here in England, they've returned to kick piles of leaves and wear cosy scarves.

My warm blue and blue jumper still has mud on it from February.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rufus Moonshine said...

I can't believe you missed out Crip Hop.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home