Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Birthday


Carrot Ring
Originally uploaded by Dolores Luxedo.
I'm getting swept behind on this blogguing. So last Saturday was my 24th birthday. I'm so old. So as I finished work Jed and Tommy and Anna came and stayed behind for a drink and then sung me happy birthday as the clock struck 12. This was cool. Then Jed rubbed himself up against my boss. This was unusual. Then he asked if he could construct a 'jazz cigarette' on the bar. This was met witn a refusal. Anyway, we then went home and me and Anna were going to smoke buckets in the homebrew but it never happened.

The next morning I woke to find that Alice and Anna and Tom were cooking me breakfast and had filled the room with balloons and bought me a load of carrots and butter and cheese and an egg and a ring mould, in fact all the ingredients to construct "Carrot Ring". Breakfast was lovely. Cards arrived from my mother and father and sister. We strolled into town and up into the Bamboo Bar which rotated around. Out onto the balcony and Jed arrived and gave me a bottle of "Thomas Hardy's Ale", Victoria gave me a biscuit in the shape of a rocket, Andy (tom's andy) arrived, as did Ollie Gimp, Nicky P and Erica. Jed went off to buy pasties and we met Rai and Elizabeth and Fran as we left the Bamboo Bar and went off to the Basketmakers.

Birthday, outside the Basketmakers Arms

We all sat outside, and various people bought me pints of ale. Tommy arrived and presented me with a hat and a rap concerning the location of my Fresh Prince Jacket;

"Now this is a story all about how,
Your jacket got lost, went all around town,
If you'd like to take a minute, just sit right there,
I'll tell you how you can be dressing like the Prince of Bel Air.

I've always been a slacker who likes to get high,
And this is what happened one particular night,
Dancing to the bands, this party was radical,
Tried some rolypolies and snapped my left clavicle.

Made it back to your place to crash once again,
Lay around for several hours in a world of pain,
Flashed some bone to Mrs Bushnell, it was rather uncouth,
Put the jacket on and went to find Dr Booth.

Took the jacket off when I went to A & E,
And it stayed at Dr Booth's house for a couple of weeks,
What happened next is not my place to tell,
So if you wanna be the Prince, give my brother a bell."

Genius. Tommy is so cool. Alex Poofy and Teddy turned up and eventually we strolled along to get burgers. RedVeg is cool. Shame it's owned by Mc Donalds.

Then we went to the Evening Star, where we met Dave the Machine and Jarvis and some guy who covered my sideburns in some kind of hair styling product. Jarvis gave me a bottle of Rochefort 10. More chaos in the Star. Maya (american maya) turns up. Everyone keeps buying me drinks and I'm getting increasingly sketchy. Pub closes, I get a Whisky Mead which probably not the best of ideas, then we go to Kemptown but it's all on fire and me and Tommy find ourselves stumbling down this alleyway and through a door and there's all this blue pulsing stuff and there's some kind of octopus-like seamonster which I fight and then we escape and try to get into the Sussex Arts Club but as I try to enter brandishing a cheque for £1,000,000 they don't let me in and so we go home and I pass out and Jed probably rubs himself against me and then Tom and Tommy make a "Fried Breakfast Ring" which is bacon and eggs and sausages all fried up together and squashed into a ring and placed upon toast.

Sunday and we are going to have a cocktail party but first me and Anna go and meet Alice and Ed on the beach and we go for a swim. And then we go and buy all the stuff for the Cocktail Party and I start making the carrot ring and Rosie and Daniel arrive and Daniel gives me a picture that has been signed by Julian Barnes and Rosie gives me a white panama hat and a book and a slimming belt and Alice comes round and makes Canapes and Alex comes round and then we're totally having this excellent cocktail party, on the roof terrace with classy dresses and white linen suits and Jed has altered all sorts of packaging to match his clothes. At about 10ish we take the futon frame down to the beach to hurn. Dom dresses up like a hippy with an ethnic blanket wrapped around him and a big drum. Jed and Joff and Erica spot Chris Ewbank driving down Kings Road so they roadblock him with the Futon. We have a fire. It's cool. Davey Mec plays the bongos.

So nothing grotesquely eventful (apart from maybe whatever happened with the seamonster) but a lovely weekend with loads of splendid people. Brilliant. Yes. Yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home