Tuesday, July 12, 2005

filling in the blanks / a warm blunkett

Wednesday was the swimming, as Annie Hell and Lou Carpy sived into the sea whilst me and Rosie co-ordinated our outfits and met Lou's new housemates. Daniel Taylor bore gifts from Jof, and we attempted to shoot down seagulls.

Failing to grab a Perculiarberg we strolled up Southover Street in search of the codfather, who had bigger fish to fry. In the end some kindly girls carrying a chair pointed us in the right direction. With the blessing of the Codfather we tried to find Lou's new house but it had vanished into the wormhole nexus between 10 and 14. Quiet in the Geeys as we felt antisocial and dazed and wappy. Except for Jed who was big and wrapped in clingfilm and in the neon room. He found the funky angle and laid down the jackhammer of funk. Home and I had a brief Boyd Hoyland moment, hallucinating no end of soft drinks and hard cheeses.

I think we could all do with a quiet night in. Peppers were grilled to form a red pepper risotto. Dinner parties with red wine and chilli beer. Civilised and the gang. Cooking isn't really my forte but it came out okay.

Friday is all Ebony and Ivory as Paul Mc Cartney stands next to Stevie Wonder as he plays the piano. I become inspired in town and sit on the street to write something down. Phone Mast Dave walks past, sees me sitting on the street and calls out "Get a job!". Then Alice walks past so I ask her for spare change. We go for coffee. I go to Randsomes. Home I return, just enough time to document up until tuesday before I have to go to work. I go to work. And we're back there again.

(Just filling in the blanks, really. More to follow.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a fish and chippie on the isle of wight called the Codfather.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home