Thursday, June 23, 2005

Your search found 1 person who enjoys watching Death Train.

It's so hot. Oppressively hot. And me without a summer wardrobe. I've been trying to keep up but to no avail. Massive dilemmas with the festival (they don't want us back on the original site). Am searching for new site amidst other reams of trouble. Got second place in another poetry slam despite being told off for dissing 'slam poetry'. "Don't you like slam poetry?" "Of course I do. But the way I react to anything is by being cynical, negative and sarcastic about it."

A weekend of far too little sleep once again. Rosie, Tommy and the cornish tried to go to Stonehenge but ended up in Cornwall. Drinking ale on the beach with Martha and Lou. Riding in Victoria's car as our hair grew in front of our eyes. Going to be in a band with two singer/bassists called Double Bass. Perhaps. Not going to Glastonbury so lent my tent to someone who is.

Ha. So we were sitting outside some cafe yesterday (you don't really have a choice about doing that sort of thing in Brighton. If you haven't been spotted sitting outside enough cafes then they deport you out to Portslade or Southwick.) and Alice asked me to name the 5 aspects of my dream girl. Ha. I settled on the first 4; [not have a problem with my height/vision/hearing, really really really funny, not going to sleep all day just because they went out the night before, and kinky as]. The fifth one I couldn't decide upon. Was toying with [ambitious but apathetic] but that sounds a bit too much like me... to be honest, I think if I had more time to think about it I'd revise the other ones too. But that's the nature of these spur of the moment decisions.

I have plenty of work this week. Me and Rosie are doing jobshare. God I can't keep up with summer. Not Summer Hoyland, that is, but this time of the year. It's actually too hot for me to be at full energy. It's too hot for me to sleep. I can't remember the last time I got a proper night's sleep. Still, can't complain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Della said...

what are you talking about? it's never too hot to complain

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sal said...

what IS slam poetry?

3:39 AM  
Blogger Sal said...

O I C

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home