Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"tales of ale and angst"


IMG_0348
Originally uploaded by nickbeardo.
So the picture is because Lisa was trying to describe to me what she imagines Rob Focuz to look like. So here is the man himself, DJing at the Horn Redbourn (last night, in fact). There are 80 photos on flickiir tagged with "robfocuz". That's so cool.

So I didn't go see Rob Focuz and his fellow DJ co-stars last night, despite being back in the fair city of St. Albans for a brief time. No, in fact I spent Monday in a field close to Sarratt Village. Campfire, Polynesia, and other such jazz and funk. All I need now is a feather in my hair and a dream catcher and I could aura you to my heart's content. I did sleep out by the campfire, but that was cool. Plus my tent is a bit festy at the moment.

So Andy wrote me an email saying "Anyway you should black out more often. ... will find it sexy.". Ha. If there's one person who finds me blacking out sexy (without having date-rape plans) then please, do give me your telephone number. I shall not disappoint you, I can black out anywhere you like.

DJ Sandals came down to visit us. He has gravitated from being the cleaner at Embassy Court to making a new life to himself as a rude bwoy ragga spinner of the black circle and mocker of false circus performers. We ended up in this dubious pub at the top of a big hill where we sat outside and were cold whilst a game of pool went on and some football game took place on the television. A concerningly Rats Castle esque tavern. Down and up the hill again, and then to this party where I spent much of time guarding the doorstep and protecting it from harm. After taking in some of the sunrising level and leaving Doug lying on a wall we took a cornish and a shirefolk home which is when the whole blue bread thing took place.

The title is how my bloggue was described by a kind lady. Apparently I'm being blogrolled. This isn't as dangerous as it sounds. I say this with the confidence of a naive beginner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Della said...

i'm loving the referencing here...in-jokes make the world go round, after all.
blog-rolling is a wonderful thing.
i only have about 10 links from my page, so i don't know if it counts as rolling as such.

go forth, beginner. beginner's luck will prevail.

10:42 AM  
Blogger andyjamesnelson said...

What the hell is blog rolling? Anyway being drunk is so sexy. Girls love it when i get so pissed i say stupid stuff touch them and then pass out. Sort of. Andy.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home