Wednesday, November 09, 2005

(time passes)


dog costumes
Originally uploaded by hyperbolation.
Once again, we haul out the Virginia Woolf stylee parentheses. Where, as some would state, life is found.

So yesterday I discovered this; Oh!. Wow. I got in the free Brighton press! Well exciting.

So on Saturday I was sitting on a staircase sipping at Whisky and Ginger when we met this boy who was considerably smaller than me. Now I'm not exactly the tallest of people, being one inch off dwarfhood, but "Tom", or "Smally" was definately several inches below my height.

Brighton Beach, Afternoon stroll with Rosie

Here's a picture of me and Elboo to display both of our diminutive stature. So sadly my encounter with "Smally" ended when Elboo picked him up over her head, and ran off, waving him around the place. Poor kid. I'm sad to have witnessed a piece of size-based discrimination.

A man in the Basketmakers Arms yesterday compared me to David Cameron. He didn't stick around long enough for me to discover what aspect of my appearance / personality / dubious family history caused this association with everyone's favourite potential Tory leader (now Ken and Boris have dropped out of the race), and I hope it's not my refusal to answer questions about cocaine and the use of birds of prey in fox hunts. An Eagle Owl? Honestly! Second only to "Whale Adventure" in Unusual Animal Use This Week.

Well, that and the fact that Little Tom has finally released the Little Dog.

The Cameron comparer, I am also sorry to say, has a stack of videos beside his bed, including Helen Daniels' death. Which makes my copy of Drew's Funeral almost pale in comparison.

I made tomato-bread, which would have been really nice if I hadn't put cinnamon in it. Rosemary, perhaps. Mixed italian herbs, maybe. But cinnamon? What the devil was I thinking?

I've got plenty more to say. It's been a week since I last wrote on here. But for the time being, I shall stop, and will hopefully continue tonight once I return home. I have 25 minutes to history class, and I need to go get coffee and cigarettes and write more abusive messages to the Hegel-remover. Honestly!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HuffPo at six months: Arianna is on it
Congratulations, Huffington Post ! Today is your six-month anniversary since your much-heralded and skeptically-greeted debut on May 9, 2005 .
Enjoyed your interesting blog. You may want to check out my day trading class web page day trading class Keep it up.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Della said...

"Wistful and playful meanderings of a Brighton girl.
http://blisteredeye.blogspot.com"

um, shiny...
something you ain't telling us?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Syl said...

Howzit Doc!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Kinda bored,, but looking for information on forex course. Informative blog, good info. Maybe visit my site if you're looking for forex course related material forex course. Have a good day.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home