Thursday, December 22, 2005

trip to london, part 2


Clambake
Originally uploaded by Jon Fodor.
so I thought I ought to return to our trip to london as I promised to. so on sunday morning we woke on ollie's bedsofa and he has a swedish housemate called honey, seriously; "hi honey!". however we do not see honey and just roll around on the bedsofa and bring ollie tea in bed and then we go to the 24 hour bagel shop and get ourselves some bagels and then we go see the flower market and there is an accordion band and we see the device for placing a christmas tree in a net and see some ornamental cabbages and various bulb-sellers and then we wander through the streets of liverpool street and reaching the station set off for ealing where we meet anna's grandma who gives us tea and talks to us about cherie blair and the yoga centre and then takes us out for lunch and we wait for the bus. late bus. but we go on the bus in the end and it takes us to this place where we cross the road and overlooking the river we eat curry. I don't know what happened to me this weekend, it might have been all the walking, but I found myself on an eat frenzy and ate so much food once again. i swear I shall get fat if I am not careful. but we eat curry and talk to anna's grandma and then we have a cup of tea and stroll along the river where there are lots of old boats moored, some with dogs on them, one with a dog and an easel and plants and a whole house. we wander down the river and then gradually stroll back, where we go back to anna's grandma's house for a cup of tea, and then after a while where we look at photos and then we go and get on the train. anna's grandma is cool. but we go along to hammersmith and we call robbie and it turns out we should have got off at hammersmith because to go to robbie (what, THE robbie ennis? who works for the BBC? my god!) 's house we have to get off at bloody earls court. i hate earls court station. they never tell you what train to get on and how to get somewhere and you can't even smoke! in your frustration about getting lost. by some miracle we ended up on the right train and went to robbie's house, where he offered us coffee and then jumped over the wall into the shop and bought us beers, and showed us photos of all the people me and robbie went to school with naked. pictures of them from when they were grown up and put a guitar covering their 'presence' and e-mailed it to rob. and then he took us to his local pub where we drank ale. we then got on a bus and drove past the old lady anna used to look after and then got to liverpool st. station and paid 20p to go wee and then went to the vibe bar where tim was playing his gig. fee and tim and seamus and mooky and moses and sylvie and some people who knew neil balmer and some people who knew amy and some people I've blatantly forgotten were there. ollie gimp turned up in a bit. and then robbie bought us beer and we 'mingled' for a while and then there was a crackling which was the air conditioner about to set on fire. tim's band played and it was incredible, one chap was playing with some decks and the other fellow was playing with a laptop, whilst tim and this girl were mc'ing over the top. it was cool. i danced briefly in a mock-slinky style but I can't really hack the dancing.

the gig was amazing. most excellent. we ended up buying much expensive booze from the vibe bar, and then the brighton cru went home, and we brought robbie back to ollie's house, where we answered the big golden boat. it got later and later. robbie needed to cross half of london. ollie made a big pepperoni pizza but as me and anna didn't eat meat and robbie can't eat cheese he ate it all himself. eventually rob actually went home, apparently (in his words_; "Ive then gotta walk back to liverpool st. hop on a bus to oxford st... change busses and get on one going to notting hill gate stop for a kebab then walk from there. i could probably hang around for a more direct bus but i get too impatient sometimes... if i leave just after 1am that`ll take me till 2.30-3ish to get home.

but im sure ill get home just fine."

So it all worked out okay. We listened to some of Pulp's back catalogue, and Ian Dury and the Block Heads, before going to sleep again on the bedsofa.

I was meant to be at University for my final lesson and "drinks with the class" at eleven o clock but given that I've been neglecting my studies lately and am not even getting close to reading 25,000 words by Umberto Eco, let alone writing them about him, it didn't really surprise me that I didn't make it. We lay around in bed, eventually got up, Anna woke Ollie Gimp whilst I went out for bagels. We had tea, ate bagels, and then Ollie walked us to the station, to make our way back to Brighton. I think I fell asleep on the train. I can't remember. What happened that evening? Oh yes. Classic Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home