Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Opening chapter.


Pregnant
Originally uploaded by Scrybl.
The sound of music twice an hour
Ever since I was a boy, I had always loved rock ‘n roll. So when I get into the business at the age of twenty two, I was surpried at the ab sence of sex and drugs,the companion volumes of rock and roll. However, after six months in the business, I realised that the sex and drugs were merely overwhelmed by the frantic and adulterous hot action with politicians the job involved.

Again, I turned my face away from the typewriter. Another day, another story about parliamentary infidelity. I was beginning to think I should have taken that Daily Mirror job. It wasn’t even popular infidelity. I scoured the book of parliamentary scandals (published 1997) for inspiration. This latest tittilation featured no Minister who had ever served under Thatcher. I had to get out.

This is how I found myself bound aboard a 19th Century whaling vessel, bound for the Pacific Whale Peninsula. And this, dear reader, is not where we need to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Syl said...

Hey, your blog is great!

You ought to write for a living, Yes sir!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home