Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Bubblegum and Aftershave


Darsham Station
Originally uploaded by Dolores Luxedo.
So I only have eight minutes to write this so I will concentrate on the Darsham Station bit. See, the picture of Darsham. Lovely. So I sat on the platform, waiting to begin my 4 and a half hour journey from the middle of Suffolk back to Brighton. The train pulls up, and I get on. Book, rucksack, I sit down. However as soon as I get to Saxmundham about 100 drunk teenagers flock onto the train in the most rowdy manner you can possibly imagine. It's chaos. They're passing bottles of Vodka and White Lightning up and down the train, making out with each other, breaking up again, interrogating other customers, hiding under the seats to escape from the ticket collector. Chaos. They ask me to move my bag because there's not enough space on the train. My telephone rings, and they answer it, so my poor mother has to speak to some drunken 14 yr old girl rather than her son. However, she's used to that because of my sister. This poor old lady called Jean also gets interrogated, and I think there's plenty a group photo on a teenage cameraphone featuring Jean (who seemed like a good sport) with her thumbs up, surrounded by these maniacs.

And then they all got off at Ipswich. The rest of the journey was uneventful.

In the last week, I've been stumbling around St. Albans, and then stumbling around the picturesque seaside town of Southwold. Nice.

3 minutes left. Better go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home