Monday, February 19, 2007

Hair


chris and bag of hair
Originally uploaded by bumpoowilly.
If evolution is anything to go by, I am going to become bald and fat. This realisation came to me as a teenage biology student, and shocked my indestructable but awkward frame with the cruel truths of age and death. I, however, got off lightly.
An unremarkable peer named Ryan enquired how, as his mother, father, their respective parents, and his siblings all had brown eyes, his eyes could be blue.
"What colour are the milkman's eyes?" was not the reassurance he was expecting.
My father is neither fat nor bald, and therefore, due to the primitve grasp of genetics I had previously held, I never feared either condition would ever descend upon me. However, with the dark hair and eyes, not to mention the stature, of my mothers' side, I began to picture my maternal uncles. They were all fat and bald.
Currently, I show little signs of becoming fat and bald. I have cut my diet to a bare minimum, and sport a fine shock of hair and mightly sideburns, although there are some signs of recession above both of my temples. The problem is, I can control my weight but not my hair growth. I may never be fat but baldness is inevitable.
Consequentially, I have started collecting hair.

4 Comments:

Blogger Syl said...

As a vegetarian, it is important for you to at least eat eggs. You need two every other day I think. Eggs contain Lycene(sp) which promotes thick hair growth.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Syl said...

Here is a link about hait loss and Lysine.
http://thyroid.about.com/cs/hairloss/a/hairloss_3.htm

10:43 PM  
Blogger Syl said...

If you hate eggs I'm sure you could get a Lysine supplement. :)

Sorry, I keep thinking of things after I've posted.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home